NSP Team Leader
Hastings, Hawke's Bay
September 3, 2019
At Heinz Wattie’s we take great pride in our reputation for providing high quality, nutritious foods to consumers around the globe. We are proud to be part of the Kraft Heinz Company and together are revolutionizing the food industry. We are dedicated to being the best food company, powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete.
We are looking for an outstanding Team Leader to run our Non Standard Product (NSP) Department, reporting to the Materials & Warehousing Manager at our Tomoana Site. If you are appointed to the role you will directly manage and supervise the processing of all non-standard finished product, materials and packaging for the site. This involves sampling, testing and sensory evaluation of impacted product, then compiling and presenting all required data to enable disposal decisions to be made. You will also manage the reconditioning team to sort and, where possible, remediate non-standard product, so that only the highest quality product is released to market.
You will possess strong leadership and communication skills, have the ability to work to deadlines and targets and be self- motivated, with a proven track record of delivering results. To your advantage would be practical experience in leading people and achieving safety, quality and processing improvements in a manufacturing or warehousing operation.
We want you to:
- Take responsibility for the non-standard product warehouse.
- Demonstrate accurate stock keeping, while always maintaining a clean, tidy and well-ordered warehouse.
- Prioritize, plan and schedule reconditioning and processing work each week.
- Deliver on your weekly plans, demonstrating a high level of productivity in respect to timely processing of non-standard product holds.
- Optimize utilization of available resource within your department.
- Coach and assist with the hands-on training of new team members, some of whom will be casual staff.
- Help the site deliver on key business safety, quality, and financial targets, through a commitment to continuous improvement and business best practice.
- Promote a positive culture in your team, where staff health and safety is paramount.
What we offer:
- A stepping stone role to future management roles if desired.
- The ability to influence the success of the World’s 5th largest food company
- A challenging environment, where no two days are the same
- On-going opportunities for you to grow and develop as a leader within our thriving organization.
- Competitive salary
Kraft Heinz is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
**Only people who are eligible to work in New Zealand or who are certain they can gain eligibility through immigration processes should apply. Evidence will be required.