Hastings, Hawke's Bay
April 9, 2019
OUR VISION: TO BE THE BEST FOOD COMPANY, GROWING A BETTER WORLD
At Heinz Wattie’s we take great pride in our reputation for providing quality, nutritious foods to consumers around the globe. We are proud to be part of the Kraft Heinz Company and together are revolutionizing the food industry – we are dedicated to being the best food company, powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete
We have an opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our dynamic team based on the Tomoana site. You will be responsible for carrying out capital projects at the site, meeting project deadlines and budgets and providing engineering support to production departments where required. You will report directly to the Site Engineering Manager.
What we require from you:
- Work with the site management team to identify, assess, prioritize and gain funding for capital projects.
- Own the capital process from writing the business case to installation and commissioning.
- Help transform the site by adding new manufacturing capability in order to realize significant growth opportunities.
- Deliver incremental improvements in quality, EHS and productivity through targeted capital initiatives.
- Project manage assigned capital, delivering on time and to budget.
- Provide engineering support to other peer group capital project managers as required.
- Adherence to Environmental Health and Safety requirements
What you will bring:
- Experience in leading significant projects and successfully managing project teams within a complex manufacturing or related environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff including project engineers, contractors, maintenance, production and management.
- Think and act like an owner with a “can do” approach accompanied by positive and urgent behaviour.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and numeracy skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar or related role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and AutoCad.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field preferred
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- The true ownership to influence the success of the World’s 5th largest food company
- International career opportunities
- A challenging environment where no two days are the same and that you’ll be challenged each and every day
- On-going opportunities for you to grow and develop as a leader within our thriving organization
If you've got the skills and motivation to be part of our team, then we have the perfect job waiting for you. APPLY NOW!
Only people who are eligible to work in New Zealand or who are certain they can gain eligibility through immigration processes should apply. Evidence will be required.
Heinz Wattie's Ltd is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.