Hastings, Hawke's Bay
December 20, 2019
At Heinz Wattie's we take great pride in our reputation for providing quality, nutritious foods to New Zealand Consumers. We are proud to be part of the Kraft Heinz Company and together are revolutionizing the food industry - we are dedicated to being the best food company, powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream - it is our GLOBAL VISION
We are currently seeking applications for a Team Leader to be based at Tomoana site and be part of a team that enjoys challenges and is results orientated. Reporting directly to the Manager and working closely with the other Team Leaders, the focus for the successful candidate will be to ensure effective day to day management of their production area. If you thrive in a fast paced environment and strive to exceed targets this may be the role for you!
Main responsibilities for the role are:
- Management of staff to ensure labour costs, product yields and product quality are optimized
- Experience in a food-manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Team communication
- Reporting against standards and bottlenecks
- Drive continuous improvement
- Health & Safety
- Unwavering commitment to Quality
You will bring to the role:
- Mechanical aptitude and intellectual ability to learn about new processes.
- Ability to manage, motivate and communicate with staff
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Analysis and decision making
What we offer:
- The true ownership to influence the success of the World’s 5th largest food company
- A challenging environment where no two days are the same and that you’ll be challenged each and every day
- On-going opportunities for you to grow and develop as a leader within our thriving organisation
Only people who are eligible to work in New Zealand or who are certain they can gain eligibility through immigration processes should apply. Evidence will be required.
Heinz Wattie's Ltd is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.