HMS Team Leader
Hastings, Hawke's Bay
November 14, 2019
At Heinz Wattie’s we take great pride in our reputation for providing quality, nutritious foods to consumers around the globe. We are proud to be part of the Kraft Heinz Company and together are revolutionising the food industry – we are dedicated to being the best food company, powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete.
We require an outstanding Team Leader to run our Hastings Materials Store (HMS) Department, reporting to the Materials & Warehousing Manager for the site. In this position, you will directly manage and supervise the inwards goods, inventory management process for materials and packaging for the three major factories. This involves maintaining department compliance for company Quality Standards and NZ Biosecurity requirements, organizing team in devanning containers, preparing shipping & receipting documentation, picking and packing orders.
You will possess strong leadership and communication skills, have the ability to work to deadlines and targets and be self motivated, with a proven track record of delivering results. To your advantage would be practical experience in leading people and achieving safety, quality and processing improvements in a manufacturing or warehousing operation.
What we require from you:
- Own the sites materials store warehouse
- Championing team management, with a hands-on coaching style
- Demonstrate accurate stock keeping, always maintaining a clean, tidy and well-ordered warehouse
- Experience in E-Certing and MPI Compliance
- Knowledge of warehouse planning and utilization, receipt & storage
- Deliver on your weekly plans, demonstrating a high level of productivity in respect to timely processing of non-standard product holds
- Optimize utilization of available resource within your department.
- Help the site deliver on key business safety, quality, and financial targets through a commitment to continuous improvement and business best practice
- Promote a positive culture in your team, where staff health and safety is paramount
- A ‘Can do’ attitude - being out in front, ushering in change, and challenging the status quo
What we offer:
- A stepping stone role to future management roles if desired.
- The true ownership to influence the success of the World’s 5th largest food company
- A challenging environment where no two days are the same and that you’ll be challenged each and every day
- On-going opportunities for you to grow and develop as a manager within our thriving organization.
- Competitive salary
Kraft Heinz is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
**Only people who are eligible to work in New Zealand or who are certain they can gain eligibility through immigration processes should apply. Evidence will be required.