Hastings, Hawke's Bay
July 22, 2019
OUR VISION: TO BE THE BEST FOOD COMPANY, GROWING A BETTER WORLD
At Heinz Wattie's we take great pride in our reputation for providing quality, nutritious foods to consumers around the globe. We are proud to be part of the Kraft Heinz Company and together are revolutionizing the food industry - we are dedicated to being the best food company, powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete.
Are you a bright spark, who's worked in a manufacturing supervisory position previously, ideally in a food processing/packaging environment?
You will report to the Area Supervisor and be responsible for a labeling department production shift, ensuring that output, yield, and quality targets are met. Parts of your duties are motivating and training team members, driving continuous improvement, and drive health and safety issues. You will have a sense of urgency, strong leadership skills, a mechanical or electrical aptitude (desirable) and will be seeking an opportunity to make a real and valued difference to our business. As a key decision maker, you will also need to be decisive and analytical in your approach and be comfortable around data. You will also need to be comfortable leading a relatively medium to large team.
To qualify for the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (food desirable) with a sound understanding of production
- Leadership experience of medium to large sized teams
- Computer literacy especially in MS Office - including spreadsheets
- Knowledge of quality, compliance and Health and Safety processes and protocols
- Knowledge of food safety (desirable)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Capable of following and enforcing processes and procedures
- Optimisation of day to day activities
- Self management skills (essential)
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate
- The true ownership to influence the success of the World's 5th largest food company
- International career opportunities
- A challenging environment where no two days are the same and that you'll be challenged every day
- On-going opportunities for you to grow and develop as a leader within our thriving organization.
Only people who are eligible to work in New Zealand or who are certain they can gain eligibility through immigration processes should apply. Evidence will be required.
Heinz Wattie's Ltd is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.