At Heinz Wattie’s we take great pride in our reputation for providing quality, nutritious foods to consumers around the globe. We are proud to be part of the Kraft Heinz Company and together are revolutionising the food industry – we are dedicated to being the best food company, powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete
We have an opportunity for a Engineering Technician to join our dynamic team based on the King Street site. You will be responsible for scheduled maintenance tasks, breakdowns and machine/product changeovers. You will report directly to the Site Maintenance Coordinator.
Hours of work to be determined based on 45 hours work week to meet production requirements with potential for night shifts and call outs, with some overtime. Please only apply if you are able to meet these requirements.
What we require from you:
- Minimum of 3-5 years engineering maintenance experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Adherence to Environmental Health and Safety requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- Trade certificate
- 3-5 years experience with seamers and filling machinery
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff including production, engineering and management.
- Ability to analyse data, prepare reports and preventive maintenance programs.
- Computer literate
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- The true ownership to influence the success of the World’s 5th largest food company
- International career opportunities
- A challenging environment where no two days are the same and that you’ll be challenged each and every day
- On-going opportunities for you to grow and develop as a leader within our thriving organisation
Ours engineers take ownership of plant equipment and take pride in running effective production lines. If you've got the skills and motivation to be part of our team, then we have the perfect job waiting for you. APPLY NOW!
Only people who are eligible to work in New Zealand or who are certain they can gain eligibility through immigration processes should apply. Evidence will be required.
Heinz Wattie's Ltd is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.