Why joining us is a great career move:
We recognise and reward high performers
- Most employees are eligible for a competitive bonus, meaning your hard work does not go unnoticed. We have a proud heritage of meeting performance targets and paying out this bonus to eligible employees.
- We know it’s not all about the money, but being praised amongst your peer’s means a lot to our team, which is why our Heinz Wattie’s Shout Out program has proven to be such a success. Every quarter we recognise people who have gone the extra mile in their role, and who live and breathe our core values, whether that be through their vision, results, integrity, team building & collaboration or through their innovation. Anyone can nominate, not just Managers, making it even more meaningful.
We grow our own talent and provide them with the tools for success
- We’re highly committed to developing the capability of our people and have a strong history of growing our own leaders. We continuously look to up skill those who are keen on learning and developing and encourage employees to assess their capabilities along with their Manager to determine the best development plan for their individual needs.
- All employees have access to our various Learning and Development opportunities including; classroom based courses, e-learning systems and our extensive online library. For those who want to accelerate their career, we have a number of well-structured programs on offer which employees can use to further develop their leadership capabilities.
We have a winning culture
- It’s very rewarding working for a business that is dedicated to making a difference to people’s lives. Our big focus is on making quality products affordable for New Zealanders. Our team take pride in what they do and the success that we have achieved. Having been voted as one of New Zealand’s most trusted brands recently is not something we take for granted.
- We have a very proud history in New Zealand and abroad. We were founded by Sir James Wattie in 1934 in Hastings, and from these humble beginnings our culture remains largely unchanged. Whichever location you’re in, be it Auckland, Hastings or Christchurch, our culture is relaxed, down to earth and fun, and our people are genuine and approachable.
- We know how to have fun and make the time to celebrate milestones and socialise, like our birthday morning tea’s, or our social sports teams.
We offer the cherry on the top
- All permanent employees are entitled to discounted health insurance, through our Southern Cross or Unimed medical schemes. We also have our own superannuation scheme, which includes free life insurance. Our regular staff sales make buying our products even more affordable. And as we own a number of businesses this isn’t just limited to Heinz Wattie’s products, but also includes products from: Golden Circle, The Good Taste Company, Complan, Weight Watchers, just to name a few.
- Our Parnell Head Office is often cooking up a storm, so expect to be enticed to sample the latest Wattie’s Food in a Minute meal creations if you’re Auckland based.